If you were to set up your commercial property to have the maximum amount of storage to accommodate any situation, you’d have quite an investment involved, and that might not be the best use of your capital. It is better to have just the commercial storage space you need normally and then turn to other temporary solutions. Renting commercial storage containers is an ideal solution for a variety of both short-term and long-term situations. Here are typical uses:
- Seasonal planning- If you have heavier sales during part of the year, you can use commercial storage containers to house the extra materials you need or hold the inventory as you produce it in anticipation of a sales increase.
- Take advantage of discounts or sales- If you work with materials that can be bulk purchased to get a discount or that are less expensive during certain times of the year, commercial storage containers give you place to store them until you need them. This is a viable solution if your savings would exceed the rental price of the container(s).
- Renovations- If you are doing some renovations and need one or more areas cleared, it can be advantageous to have a storage unit rather than clutter up other areas. You can also use the commercial storage container to hold materials you’ll be using during the renovations.
- On-site storage- If you have jobsites away from your headquarters, commercial storage containers can prove useful for keeping equipment, tools, materials, and other items secure and handy.
- Accept a large order- Accommodating a larger order than you are equipped to handle could be made possible with commercial storage containers to hold materials or finished products waiting to be delivered together.
- Unexpected growth- If your company grows faster than anticipated and you plan to expand your warehouse to keep up, but that is going to take some time, consider containers to keep up with operational needs. In addition, depending on the situation, it may be better to rent or even purchase containers than to build another warehouse.
If you are in the Collingwood, Ontario area and would like to know more about our 20’ and 40’ commercial storage containers, reach out to us at SOS Storage On Site. We lease our containers for short-term and long-term use, and we also sell containers. Call today to learn more.